Hello Me, Meet The Real Me | Teen Ink

Hello Me, Meet The Real Me

April 10, 2012
By OrenK PLATINUM, Flushing, New York
OrenK PLATINUM, Flushing, New York
21 articles 0 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
"My teacher asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said happy. She said I didn't understand the assignment. I said she didn't understand life."- John Lennon


Q: How would you describe your social life?

A: Awesome. I have the coolest friends. We don't really talk much, but oh well.

Q: Would you feel more safe around them if you did talk?

A: Well, yeah. But can I even avoid the silence between my friends and I? Who's to say?

Q: Have you ever been in love?

A: Yeah, sure I have. This hot chick man, she's like, the one I think.

Q: What do you find special about her?

A: Physique, baby. Physique.

Q: I noticed you have grown quite fond with rap. Has that taken a toll on your life and if so how?

A: Most definitely it has taken a toll on my life. It influenced me to write. However, when I write it hasn't quite matched the potential I think I contain. See all the rappers do talk about is drugs and money. I feel like, like they're laughing at us in front of our faces.

Q: What kind of music do your parents listen to?

A: Old people music. It irritates me a bit. I don't understand how the music was so different twenty years ago. They listen to people like The Beatles, Bob Marley, James Blunt and other people.

Q: Well wait now just a second. Have you ever actually listened to a song of those genres?

A: Well... no.

Q: Don't you think it might be a little unfair if you judge something that hasn't even gotten to contest?

A: Yes. Well I guess I'll just listen to one song and if I hate it, move on with myself.

Q: What song do you plan on listening to?

A: Umm.. let me look up a Beatles song.... Oh this might be interesting. "Let It Be".

The next day:
Q: Have you ever been in love?

A: I don't really know. I don't know what love is really. Some say its a fairy that comes around with a special powder and grants you that emotion, thats how mythological the feeling is. I see love as a past time now. It's too old fashioned, but I guess that's what I am if that's what I am still seeking.

Q: Does your journey to find love effect your social life, or even school grades?

A: School grades, possibly. But I still think it's worth it. If I were to throw away a miserable thing that I know exists for something beautiful that might not even exist I'll do it in a heart beat. As for my social life, it doesn't effect as much. It's not really something I discuss with my friends. They all have their problems and I don't want to drag them into mine. Then I'll be the menace.

Q: Do you still write poetry and music lyrics?

A: Constantly. It's the outlet to myself.

Q: Do you still listen to rap music?

A: Not really. I think I'm still a bit over-enamored with this new music (to me at least).

Q: If you would have continued to listen to rap, and rap alone, how might your life be different, in your opinion?

A: I might be a bit more popular, but still I'll be just like every other individual in my school. Just another follower. I read a quote yesterday saying : "Fortune befriends the bold". I think I made a bold move by discovering myself and sticking to him.

Q: To whom would you credit this drastic change?

A: My parents for a start. They both are amazing in their own ways. They definitely introduced me to myself, but I also do have to credit myself a tad for having the will to meet me. I think it's better to be more alone and happy then popular and sad, and you can't be happy unless you are you. Hopefully I don't sound to cliche.

Q: Thank you for your time. It was nice meeting you.

A: A pleasure, my friend. It was nice to meet you too.