Interviewing Mrs.T. | Teen Ink

Interviewing Mrs.T.

Purpose: Mrs.T is a librarian and I would also like to be one someday.

What did you do to get to be a librarian? I have a masters degree in library and information from Syracuse University.

Is There any classes that you HAVE to take to become a librarian? You have to have a masters degree.

Was a librarian your first career choice? I was a social worker and hated it because it was too sad. Its a really hard job to do.

What is your favorite part of your job? When someone comes back and tells me they really loved a book I recommended to them because then we can talk about the book.

What is the hardest part of being a librarian? Making sure that I spend my money wisely because of my budget and I want to get as much as I can.

Why did you want to be a librarian? Probably because I love books. It seemed like it fit!

Are there things that make your job easier for you? When someone comes in who really loves to read. When I have efficient assistants, thats a big help too!

Do you consider being a librarian a fun job? I do consider it fun and I also consider it to be a very important job since so many people have trouble improving there reading and you can help them.

What year did you start working as a librarian? I worked as an assistant in 1990.

10. Are you happy with your job or do you feel you could be doing something better? I’m happy with my job but I think you should always dream of doing better things.