Untitled | Teen Ink

Untitled

By nicolet9339 PLATINUM, Sussex, Wisconsin
nicolet9339 PLATINUM, Sussex, Wisconsin

Dear Veteran,

My name is Nicole and I am a senior in high school. I just wanted to thank you for all that you have done for our country.

I am writing today because I know it is a huge sacrifice for you and your family. My dad was in the Air Force when I was little so I know it can be hard for your family to not if your are safe. I also know the toll it can take on you.

If it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t have as great of a life as I have. You fought for the freedom of our country. Over the summer last year, I went on a trip with my family to Washington DC for the first time. Seeing all those memorials I learned so much about what you have gone through to make life better for generations to come. That trip put it into perspective for me. I have always learned in school about the veterans but being in DC and seeing all the memorials and hearing the stories it really hit home because both of my grandpas fought for our freedom also.

I know as a senior in high school many of us forget that it is really because of you that we are able to have the freedom. I am very happy that you are able see these amazing memorials that were bulit in your honor. They are truly remarkable.

With Thanksgiving coming up, I wanted to thanks you for everything that you have done and I want you to know that you are appreciated.

Sincerely,
Nicole