The Never-Ending Summer | Teen Ink

The Never-Ending Summer

By rachellroy BRONZE, Farmington, New Hampshire
rachellroy BRONZE, Farmington, New Hampshire

The summer of 2018 will never be forgotten. Everyone has the summer they will never forget. The summer that made your life a real-life ¨ 16 Candles ¨ moment. My dreams were coming true. While I was still counting down the days until I go back to hell for 180 days!

Summertime adventures are the things I will never forget. This one night, in particular, made all my friends and I feel like we were free as the birds in the sky. I can remember the smell of the lake and how it was still warm from the sun while the air was getting cold and crisp. We ran down to the lake the winding crisp air blowing our face trying to see who can get to the waterfront first. Once we got there the sound of my friends and I laughing and splashing filled the air. As the night grew like grass all around us.

The we-are-gonna-live-forever-kinda-feeling was completely engulfing us from head to toe. We are in the middle of the best teenage years of our life. The sun was beating down on our faces. Our tan skin and freckles showing more than ever. Not realizing that some of the worst times were ahead of me….school.

School is the hell on earth for all children. Especially high school. Girls think they are the cat's pajamas. The boys, oh the boys they think they are walking on water. Summer blinds you from all these things. The sunshine blocks out the stress of school. The day to day drama slowly slips away as I fall asleep by the pool and the ocean. School is the bearer of stress for teens. Some good things do come from a school like friendships and sports. On the other hand, drama and coas of high school make those things harder to see. In summer all of the good things come to light the back things go on the back burner.

The summer will not be forgotten. It helped me put the not important things that get to me in the school year behind me and live my best life.