The Missing Ticket | Teen Ink

The Missing Ticket

By jewelljessica BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
jewelljessica BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin

We shuffled around the house hoping to find the other invitation. “We have to leave in 5 minutes! If you wanna go, you better find it!” my sister shouted from the other side of the house. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity, we were invited to a celebrity party. My sister and I had our long gowns on, our hair and makeup done up to the nines, and our nicest pairs of heels on. The one issue now, was that she had her invitation, and I didn’t. Time was counting down and my sister continued to yell for me. “Oh my god,” I blurted “I know exactly where it is!” I ran the best I could over to my bedroom closet; it’s locked. Why would it be locked NOW. I broke apart a safety pin and attempted to wobble it in the keyhole to unlock it; nothing worked. The last thing I wanted to hear was my sisters voice, when I heard her yell, “Alright! Times up. I’m leaving with or without you now.” I let out an angered huff and made my way out to the car, not knowing how I was going to get into the party. Then it clicked. My sister, Jenny, looks just like me; we’re identical. I began explaining my idea to my sister, “What if you go in to the party, and then somehow give me the invitation next, and I go in after. It’s foolproof!” She smirked in a confident fashion, “Sneaky. Let’s try.” We pulled up the mansion, even bigger than I imagined. “This HAS to work,” i thought to myself. She gets out of our Ford and makes her way to the bodyguard, “Jennifer Stevens, you’re on the list.” She made it in. Now it’s my turn.