He almost turned into spiderman | Teen Ink

He almost turned into spiderman

September 24, 2019
By hippityhoppity1 BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas
hippityhoppity1 BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I used to think that my parents would never get hurt in my lifetime. But now I'm realizing that I was wrong. 

     About a month ago I woke up at 8:30 on a Saturday morning on a hot summer day. I was thinking it was going to be a normal other day like summer always is. Little did I know, I was going to fear for my life. Almost an hour after I woke up I noticed that my mom was answering the phone quickly every time it wrang. I had my suspicions but I didn't question it. Another call came in. She answered quickly but still, she didn't tell us anything. That kept going for another hour. Finally, after lots of suspicion, she called me and my sisters to her room. My mom said, “look your dad is in the hospital because he got bit by a venomous spider. We don't know his condition but I just thought I would let you guys know.”At that point, I felt like my stomach was going to drop. For the next few hours, I was worried and anxious to find out his condition. Finally, we got an answer.

     After about 5 hours of waiting and thinking the worst, my mom got a call from his job saying he was going to be ok. We all felt relief and were happy he was alright. While we were waiting for him to come back I really thought about if the worst could've happened how much I would've regretted not spending time with him before something tragic could've happened. After that experience, I learned that I should spend time with more people because in the end I never will know what the future holds.

     In the end, when my dad came back home he told us he was sitting on a bench on his phone under a tree and that the spider bit him on his cheek. After that, he said his body felt numb and that's how he knew it was poisonous. The only reason he survived was because when he got bit he killed the spider immediately and took it with him to the hospital so they knew what medicine to give him. He's felt a lot better since then. Even as good as to make jokes about how he turned into spiderman.Overall im happy that he is alive and I also learned a valuable lesson. That lesson was to never take something for granted even if you think it will be with you forever.