Memories of My Mother | Teen Ink

Memories of My Mother

May 8, 2020
By jedoppke BRONZE, Phelps, Wisconsin
jedoppke BRONZE, Phelps, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The time my family and I went to bond falls. I was sleeping in when my siblings starting jumping on the bed to wake me up, but I didn’t want to get up so they left. They did it again so I was very tired but still got dressed and ate cereal and that’s when my mom said “We’re going to Bond Falls”, so we packed up (water, snacks, pillows, and blankets for the kids) and we went to Bond Falls.

 When we got there, we were very excited and went across the steps across the river. Then started to head down to the falls we took some photos while heading down and then my mom’s fiance abel went rock climbing with me and hunter and we climbed up bond falls about halfway. I was really scared and then my nana and mom told us to come down. Then my sister and I went under the bridge and went across the water on a ton of rocks and then we had to leave. I was sad when had to leave, but we got to climb up to the van. And then we went to the gas station and got some chips, cookies, and sodas and then went back home. It was the most fun I ever had at bond falls.

 When we got home we had to make our beds, put toys away that we were not playing with, and put away our clothes. It was really boring until we got to play. We rode our bikes, played baseball, and then played red rover, and finally played tag, then we watched a movie. But the kids had to go to bed. 

Mom and I stayed up and watched; Family Guy, Futurama, and Wizards of Waverly Place my mom loved that show. But the next morning my siblings woke me and told me mom was dead. I didn’t believe them until I went out into the living room and saw nana crying so I ran down the stairs and went into my moms room she was actually dead. So we had to leave to my uncles and aunts to get our minds off of it. We were allowed to do anything really but I didn’t get my mind off of the fact that my mother was dead. So it’s been three years and I still think it’s a nightmare sometimes, but I got to face reality and realize my mom is dead and there is nothing I can do about it.


The author's comments:

This is a story about my mother and the last day I spent with her