My Name | Teen Ink

My Name

October 10, 2022
By 0NION BRONZE, Sussex, Wisconsin
0NION BRONZE, Sussex, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Orion, the name I was born with. Loud and harsh just like its bearer. Strong and courageous just like I aim to be.  It sounds like the outdoors, untamed and wild.  It looks like the dark ground with silver moonlight rippling over it writhing and undulating.


In ancient times the name was given to Orion the hunter. A handsome, brash, and crazy man who hunted beasts of myth for a living. He died the same way he lived trying to achieve a near-impossible goal, killing every animal that was alive. He was fearless and strong but he died to the Skorpion Scorpius. 


Now his name is constantly being reused by the scientists going to the stars. most recently was the Artemis I explored some of the last bits of the unknown in this life. Interestingly enough two Artemis and Orion were lovers in myth. 


These rockets are leading the race into space for the Americans, just like me leading and in the thick of things. I am usually in the front leading even if it is hard for me to do. My name is me it made me and is shaping who i am and what i do as a human.


I often enjoy being outside and enjoying nature and what it has to offer me. It is when I feel the freest and carefree enjoying my life. Nature for me is an outlet to enjoy my life and not have to worry about the day-to-day grind of it.


My name is honestly a lot to live up to and it gives me good goals of what I should be and what I need to do to be better.