Fenway park with my dad | Teen Ink

Fenway park with my dad

March 8, 2024
By Anonymous

It was a fun filled, sunny day to be at Fenway Park. Me and my dad sat in the Green Monster watching the Redsox take on the Yankees in a 3-game series. We were munching on Hot dogs and chips. I was trying to get a ball from one of the players. 
The weekend started on a Friday morning with me and my dad boarding the plane. “Let's pray.” 
My dad and I pray and then the plane takes off. “How long is the ride?” I asked my dad.  
“About 2 and a half hours.” I was so eager to get to Boston and go to Fenway Park to watch the Red Sox play. I would be able to sit in the Green Monster. The Green Monster is a big wall in the left field where you can sit on top of. We were going to 3 games, one on Friday, one on Saturday, and one on Sunday. The plane ride was full of laughter and talking. When we landed, we got our bags from baggage claim.  
When we got off the plane, I was stretching my legs, “What time is the first game tonight?” 
“7:10,” said my dad. We got in a cab and drove to the hotel. It was walking distance from the field. When we got in the hotel room, it was about 1:30. I wanted to be at the field by 5:00 so I could try and get a ball from a player and get a couple of signings. My dad and I took a nap and set an alarm for 4:00. We woke up and got ready for the first game. The walk took about 7 minutes and once we arrived, we got in and went to our seats. For this game, we were sitting just to the right of center field. During the game, I got a ball from a pitcher for the Red Sox. 
“Woo-hoo!” I yelled. The Red Sox won that night. It was a fun filled car ride home. Once we got to the hotel, we crashed in bed because we were so tired. We went to bed and woke up the next morning. We got ready and went to have breakfast at a cafe down the street. 
“This taste is sooooo good,” I said to my dad 
“I agree.” 
After breakfast, we walked around the beautiful city of Boston. That afternoon, we went back to Fenway Park for a 4:35 game. This game, we sat in right field, next to the tall foul pole. Although I did not get a ball this game, the Red Sox won. After the game, my dad and I debated on where to go for dinner 
“Where are we going to go? I asked my dad.  
“Wanna just order Uber Eats?” 
“Sure,” I replied. We ate dinner and then went to bed. It was a long day. We woke up early the next day and went to church. After we got lunch and then headed to the field for the final and last game of the weekend. For the last game, my dad and I sat in the Green Monster. It was by far my favorite place to watch a game. The game was super fun and exciting. The Red Sox came out with the win in extra innings. That night, my dad and I went to the airport to get on a flight back to Tampa. 
“Thanks for everything this weekend dad.,” I hugged my dad. 
“You’re welcome, buddy.” My dad hugged me back. We got home that night at 10:30pm. We said hello to the family and went to bed for the night because we were so tired from the awesome weekend. 
 
 


The author's comments:

its nice