My Birthday | Teen Ink

My Birthday

By pach BRONZE, Wesley Chapel, Florida
pach BRONZE, Wesley Chapel, Florida

Here I am, waking up excited for the day ahead.  I grab my iPad next to me, the light blinds me in the darkness. June 28, 6:47, I was born at 7:01, as a stubborn child I sit and wait for the time to pass to go wake up my parents. I watch Roblox videos where the guy screams and yells at the game. The fan dries my eyes as the sun would do to a fruit, I can hardly keep my eyes open. My eyes see more than darkness, they see pitch black as I fall back asleep. The sun shines a bright white through the window, my iPad, now on my stomach still playing videos, displays a new time 6:59.  
“Shoot!” I whisper to myself; I rush to the video I always play on my birthday. 7:00, I walk through the soft carpet hallway with the video ready to play, 7:01, I run into my parent’s room, 
“wHo kNoWs wHaT dAy iT iS?” Hank yells through the iPad, wearing a party hat and holds a confetti popper in his hand. 
“Oh no,” Tom and Angela say in perfect sync while eating Hank’s birthday cake without him, “Did we forget Hank’s-“ 
  “bIRTHDay, It'S My bIRtHDay, iT's My birtHdAY!” Hank sings loudly as he bounces of the walls, running on the table, and jumping up and down on the couch. 
“Good morning to you too, Zachary” my dad says annoyed from being woken up so early. 
“Sorry,” I say with a grin, while rubbing the back of my head nervously. 

“Somebody is excited to start the day huh?” my mom says also 40% awake.  
“Yep” I say wide awake. 
“Go back to bed, we will be up at 8” my dad yawns turning over to the other side. 
“okay” I mumble disappointed turning back to the hallway to go to my room. 
I stumble back to my room as Roomba moves through the hallway bumping into all my toys on the floor. I fall on my soft squishy mattress and watch videos on the day ahead. 
“Welcome to SeaWorld” a man yells excitedly showing all the rollercoasters behind him. 
Later we are going to SeaWorld with Alex and Dylan, they both love rollercoasters to so its perfect. The time ticks by slowly on the clock, minute by minute, like watching a turtle cross the road. Video by Video, the sun shines through my window brighter each minute. 8 o’clock, my mom walks into my room and sits on my bed. 
“Good morning, birthday boy,” my mom whispers to me. 
“Thank you, can we go now?” I say excitedly jumping off my bed. 
My mom laughs and says, “Let Dad and I get ready.” 
“Okay,” I say as I walk over to my dresser. I throw on my clothes and brush my teeth as fast as I can. I sprint down the stairs with the ac blowing my face. I fill my water bottle and wait on the couch with ants in my pants. After what feels like years pass by my parents are ready to go. We get in the car and start the adventure. 
“Are we there yet?” I ask repeatedly. I get the same response every time. 
“We’ll be there soon enough,” my dad says tiredly from my constant asking. The sun binds my and shoots green light into my eyes from my shirt. We enter a parking lot where Alex and Dylan are jumping around excited after seeing our car pull in to drive us to SeaWorld. They get in the car and Alex gets crammed in the middle seat. 
“Really, why do I have to get the middle seat?”, Alex asks annoyed. 
“It’s only a 30-minute drive, Alex,” Dylan says. Dylan and I laugh while Alex’s face says that it wasn’t funny at all. Along the way, we stop at Starbucks to get drinks, we take a selfie holding out the Purple and Brown drinks. The first sip of my dragon drink is like a dragon landing on my tongue while throwing sugar cubes and pomegranate onto it. Before long, I see the big letters. SeaWorld Orlando. We jump out of the car and sprint to the entrance. 
“Hold your horses, boys!” my dad yells from the car. We sit on the bench and gulp down our drinks. My parents arrive at the entrance, and we get into the park. The sun is blinding, the smell of popcorn is in the air, and the screams from riders on the roller coasters. We run to Manta, the flying coaster, as it is the first thing we saw. 1 hour wait time, the majority of us have to vote if we go on it or not. 
“Yes,” I vote. 
“Yes,” Dylan votes. 
“I’m not going on it, it looks scary.” Alex says while walking over to sit with my parents. Dylan and I wait in line. After an eternity, we get on the ride. I sit down and buckle the lap bar. The ride squeaks as the seats flip horizontal. The ride goes up the hill as excitement flows through me. 
“Ba-dum, ba-dum,” the ride clicks as it goes up the chainlift. It starts its descent and I black out. My conscience comes back as the ride is back at the station. 
“Did you like it?” Dylan asks. 
“Yeah, I liked the drop” I say as it’s the only thing I remember from the ride. We go out the exit and Alex is drinking a red slushie.  
“HEY GUYS! HOW WAS IT?” Alex yells, hyper from the red dye.  
“Good” Dylan and I say while walking over to him. 
“LET’S GO TO KRAKEN NOW!” Alex yells. We walk over to Kraken as the sun makes this walk feel like hiking through the desert. We arrive and the 153-foot coaster blinds me with blue and yellow colors from the sun beaming onto it. We walk to the entrance, 30 minutes. 
“Yes” we all say. We walk in line and before long we are on the coaster. The same noise from Manta, 
“Ba-dum, ba-dum” the ride finishes like a snap. We get off and go to the food court. We all order chicken and sit down. My dad comes over with his food and drops a ketchup packet and steps on it. It squirts all over a random guy sitting at a different table. 
“What the heck, bro?” the stranger says angrily while standing up. 
“Sorry about that” my dad says to him while giving him napkins. We all laugh and finish our lunch and we head over to Mako, the tallest coaster here. We arrive and the wait time is 5 minutes. We don’t even vote and run through the empty line. We ride this multiple times. After we finish riding, we head to the entrance of the park. We arrive at the same parking lot and drop them off.  
“Goodnight,” we all say to each other as we drive off into the night. We arrive back at home with crickets chirping and my dog barking.  
“Today was a good day” I whisper to myself as I drift off into sleep. 

200 PUMP?