The girl with rain boots. | Teen Ink

The girl with rain boots.

September 28, 2009
By kendraelysia SILVER, Turner, Maine
kendraelysia SILVER, Turner, Maine
9 articles 0 photos 21 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To risk nothing is to risk everything."


I felt alive in her presence the second I demolished. She was an intricate girl, knowing a lot about arcane matters, and devouring my entire existence in the palm of her hand. I figured this out in anatomy class, in which I'm writing in now, after she sat down in front of me with yellow and orange rain boots. It keeps her feet from feeling too pressured, she said. Pressured. Hmm.

She is a sagacious girl though, so sagacious, believing in nothing but existence and the unknown. She asks, "why not," and feels empowered by her own thoughts. I know this, and it's comforting.

May her beliefs, believe in me.

The sun is shining so brightly now that it is not doing much for rain boots. The sun is stinging me now, the sun, salty and blazing. But may it keep her warm,

May it shelter you, keep you from the destruction. May this storm not last, not for you, not now, not this time.

May your beliefs, believe in me.

It is so often that my thoughts become intangible, self destructive. So often that I may not hold them, but lose them in the midst of living. Sometimes, occasionally, they become ridiculously self centered and hard to follow. This is generally during times of depression, which I have found in theory, only comes true when I start believing in it. When I let it consume me, when I start to consume myself.

But listen closely, this is about to get confusing.

Consumption. I will write this on a romantic level. We will start of with the mere significance of attraction, and then move on to the mid way battles. Two fists, and one coat of armor. Your rage, my protection. All at once, coming towards one another, melting into one another. This is the start of the consumption. Destructed protection, unnecessary violence. Fear. Get it? Consumption happens to the best of us anyway, so don't worry.

Just, okay. Can I ask a favor? Don't control me, don't let me become consumed by you. That would be a wild thing to put someone in, I'd imagine. But I don't know, so I'll ask you first. How wild is it possible to become? Is is the answer, to hate, to anger, to love even? Two hearts, two people, one's fighting back and the others pushing forward. The consumer, and the consumee if you will. Whichever one you decide is your choice, and one that you'll never conciouslly make. But don't worry about it, this happens all the time. I mean, who really is deserving of any emotion, really? Who says that one body is able to be in control of your own, who is willing to with you, create something beyond the body itself. How many times a day, do we do the things that we have been taught not to for our own self centered needs? Many times of course! And how many people are staying married these days?

Think about it. Stop lying, stop cheating, stop gossiping. As Meagan would say, stop creating a monster of fantasy. Stop making a mess.

And wake up.