My Opaque Self | Teen Ink

My Opaque Self

By BroadwayBaby92 GOLD, Punta Gorda, Florida
BroadwayBaby92 GOLD, Punta Gorda, Florida

"Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore."
— Lady Gaga

Just take a look at me! I'm clear. Completely clear. No! Not as in I'm clear that you can understand me or my mind has gone blank. I'm clear as in you can see right through me. I can't hold back tears if they attempt to push through my lids. My emotions sit on a display case, housed within the glass walls of the cavity I call my chest. My sadness hangs from a string in the pit of my stomach. Can't you see it dangle? Take a smack at it. You might just see it spin.
My brain looks like a sewer. Spewing out god knows what. It’s tossing and churning, a milieu of confusion, frustration, hopelessness, and despair.
But alas! Is that a light at the end of the tunnel I see? That monstrous, golden beacon of hope is in the form of warm shower and 8 hours sleep.
As the light gets brighter, I seem to gain a stronger sense of hope. Take a deep breath. Close your eyes for only a moment. Yes, the sewer seems to thin out. The glass walls, grow opaque.

goddess_of_the_moon_123 SILVER, Beaverdam, Virginia

'To unpath'd waters, undream'd shores' ~ William Shakespeare, A Winter's Tale

Cool! I love the theme and can totally relate!