Beautiful letdown | Teen Ink

Beautiful letdown

By scarlett07 SILVER, Gresham, Oregon
scarlett07 SILVER, Gresham, Oregon

I hope I never become so used to the world that it no longer seems wonderful

Something about the way he stared into my face was so terrifyingly familiar. It was exactly the way Christian looked at me when he was seeing all the reasons he loved me. His features were soft and vulnerable and his eyes stared into mine so intently as if he was looking straight through me. I only remember because it was the only times I believed he loved me. It was the face that made me feel beautiful and wonderful because it looked like that was what he was seeing. So when Jonathan’s face twisted into the same loving and intense gaze I tweaked. I froze in his arms caving in afraid to allow myself to believe it had the same meaning.
“Why are you staring at me like that?” I couldn’t stop myself from questioning him. It was too intense, too gentle, too much for me to handle.
“You are so beautiful.” He looked like he meant it which made it hurt even more. I wanted to hide and run. I know that line. I’ve gotten it before. I just hated to think he was ‘that guy’. I twisted in his arms uncomfortably.