Just a Doll | Teen Ink

Just a Doll

July 1, 2010
By SailorVal94 BRONZE, Virginia, Virginia
SailorVal94 BRONZE, Virginia, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
" Just because you can't see something, that doesn't mean it's not there."


As a child, I went through A Living Nightmare.
In school, many children teased me, for reasons I'll never know. They picked on me everyday, hurting my feelings, humiliating me in front of the entire class, and sometimes, even the entire school. My classmates would even bully me in front of my teachers', who schockingly just stood there, staring, and not doing anything to stop it.
My classmates treated me like a DOLL.
A DOLL who they thought had no feelings, emotions, or even a mind. An inanimate object they could mess and play with. They never realized I had feelings, which they hurt everyday, transforming me from a bubbly, sweet, talkative girl to a shy and scared little girl, who cowered in fear everytime they came near her.
But, I'm not that DOLL anymore!!!! I'm not going to cower, scream, or cry in fear like I did all those years ago. NOT ANYMORE!! I, from now on, will not tolerate that kind of behavior against me!! I'm going to take a stand, and stop everyone from treating me like THEY did years ago. Like A DOLL!


The author's comments:
This happened to me as a child in elematary school, and it still haunts me to this day. I'll never be able to forgive or forget what they did to me, but I know I have to forget the past and move on with my life to the future.