Never Lost | Teen Ink

Never Lost

Pain is what you feel when you fall down and scrape your knee. Pain is the feeling of being left and abandoned in the cold, while your tears drip off your soft cheek after your body was used as a man's toy. It's physical and mental abuse you suffer your whole life when you're beaten,and put down from morning to night every day of the week from family and people you know. Even a band-aid won't make the sting of your scraped knee disappear,a friend's kind words won't help the fact that you were left in the dark with nothing left but your pride,that was slowing fading as well, and Advil won't make the memories of the cold hand that rose up soft and slow, but that came down hard and fast vanish like it never happened. Once you this simple four letter word, it's never lost.

This poem I wrote because all of my friends, and myself, have felt some kind of pain, from harsh words to physical abuse. I see them starve themselves because people call them fat, or I see them pop pills because they were neglected and feel like they have nothing left.

Newyorkcity_Dreamer PLATINUM, Wausau, Wisconsin

“Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness”
Maya Angelou

“Words make you think a thought. Music makes you feel a feeling. A song makes you feel a thought.”
E.Y. Harburg

haha thanx!

EMOHUGS BRONZE said...
EMOHUGS BRONZE, Wausau, Wisconsin

i though love wasnt worth lifing for then i saw your face and i was ready for war

i still luvz it haha hoehoe teehee

Maya Angelou

E.Y. Harburg

Daughter my butt!!!!!!! First off ur 13 and secondly, ur not Irish! Im a Irish, lass! Hehe

EMOHUGS BRONZE said...
EMOHUGS BRONZE, Wausau, Wisconsin

yes i am from thee oldin days. why when i was a young lassie.... well you know how this goes... thats how me daughter came to be

Maya Angelou

E.Y. Harburg

About me shorts? I think you mean my unless your from the old days! Wow Mary

EMOHUGS BRONZE said...
EMOHUGS BRONZE, Wausau, Wisconsin

thank you for telling me about me shorts i thought i lost them

Maya Angelou

E.Y. Harburg

Thank you EMOHUGS8716... i think u mean cry though... lol... btw i have your shorts still and for people reading this who are confused, she's sitting right here next to me!

EMOHUGS BRONZE said...
EMOHUGS BRONZE, Wausau, Wisconsin

this touched me i started to dry when i read it its so good thank you

Maya Angelou

E.Y. Harburg

I didn't mean to post this anonymously, but thank you to who ever rated this 5 stars!