My baby sister... | Teen Ink

My baby sister...

September 24, 2011
By Victoria.S BRONZE, Dallas, Texas
Victoria.S BRONZE, Dallas, Texas
4 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Someday you will look back and know exactly why it had to happen."


I was walking through the hospital, peeking into every door, searching within every crevice. I wanted to see her... I wanted to hold her in my arms and feel her soft, smooth skin. I wanted to hear her breathing softly against my chest. We were coming toward the hospital door, number 251. I saw my mother with a big grin spread across her face, but pale from being so tired. She was sitting in a bed covered with wrinkled white and blue covers. I slowly walked toward the baby, sleeping in the crib. She looked peaceful under so many blankets. My dad picked her up and she was limp in his arms. Her sparkling eyes opened with curiosity and a small smile spread across her little face. After sitting down, I was handed the baby. She smelled like freshly picked flowers and baby powder. Her small hands were pink and soft. I felt her softly breathing on my neck when all of a sudden came… a cry. I handed her back to my mom, worried that I would hurt her. She was so young and still had a lot to see in this world.


The author's comments:
I was inspired to write this piece because of the joy and sympathy I get out of her. Now that she is 6 years older than when she was then, I can still reflect back to that day and remember the happiness I felt. I hope that people will read this and understand that having a brother or sister is really important. Without them you wouldn't be you! No matter how much you argue with your brother/sister, deep inside, you really love them.