The Summer We Were Infinite | Teen Ink

The Summer We Were Infinite

September 2, 2012
By musicliteraturelove PLATINUM, Clifton Park, New York
musicliteraturelove PLATINUM, Clifton Park, New York
30 articles 10 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
any Bright Eyes lyric is my favorite personal quote.


--------You're the hottest thing, the newest trend
everybody's favorite friend
Can you now remember that other time?
When I was yours and you were mine?------------


Sure, serenade them with your mastery guitar skills. You never needed to impress me. Don't you remember? I was the one who taught you your first chord. Sitting on my blue couch, the heat of summer wet on your face. I placed your fingers one by one on the fret board and told you to strum. It sounded awful that first chord. A G2. That was the first chord you ever played. G2 I remember, I was there. As the applause fades you start another song. Blackbird. I taught it to you. You,the one with Beetles Fever (and it was contagious). Though I always denied you introduced me to them. I don't deny it anymore. I was younger then, proud.

And she was so surprised with your smooth moves at the semiformal dance.
No stepping on feet, no awkward smiles, awkward glances.
no, those were for me.
I was first, she never knew. I was first. We learned how to slow dance in your living room. Without music and your mom from the kitchen coaching us through.
I remember the colors on the t shirt you were wearing that summer afternoon. That summer, we were infinite. But I heard somewhere that you dont remember so I'll flip this picture back around and look at my ceiling instead.