Dear Mom | Teen Ink

Dear Mom

February 17, 2014
By MissLizzieGirl GOLD, Arvada, Colorado
MissLizzieGirl GOLD, Arvada, Colorado
16 articles 6 photos 66 comments

Dear Mom,

I know this will probably sound strange, but I want you to buy me a house. Not just any house, but the house but the house you grew up in. The house we kids call ‘Grandma’s House’. As you know it is hard for everyone in the family including you to let go of the house in which so many have been made, so do us all a favor and buy it.

It makes sense to buy it as well. You know our house is too small for us. Do you really want to share a bedroom with Steve any longer? I am tired of my little fake bedroom as well. Plus grandma’s house has an intercom system so you can easily call us for dinner. It would make it easier on both you and us if you bought grandma’s house.

That house is full of memories. Both mine and yours. I remember playing games in the playroom, the basis of all creative play. We would play games such as servants, detectives, hostage, doctor, and many more. I would like my children to have these same opportunities, to see the wonderful house of their great grandparent’s. I wish I could have seen the house of your grandparent’s. But all I have is what you have told me. Please make it so my children can see the house of my grandma. So, they will be able to get the same pleasure I have gotten out of that house.
You want that house you are just too afraid to make the move. Trust me I want that house as well if only I had enough money I would buy it. I understand it is a lot of money. But it is what is right for us for your kids, for your family. You want us kids to have a better life, one where we each can have our own bedroom. Now here is your chance, jump on it.

I love that house and Christmas will never be the same without it. I wish that that house could remain in our family for generations to come, so please help me make that happen.

Your Daughter,

Katie


The author's comments:
My grandparent's left there home to move into a smaller assisted living place.