Unforgetable Moments | Teen Ink

Unforgetable Moments

By monikitty12 PLATINUM, New York, New York
monikitty12 PLATINUM, New York, New York

Don't cry because its over. Smile because it happened.

People would probably think that I was a timid young lady, but I wasn't. Everyone would always use me, step all over me, and betray me. I considered no one as my real friend through elementary school and middle school. My teachers would blindly acknowledge the fact that every pupil in my classes hate me and don't want anything to do with me. In fact, I was never treated nicely. There was one time in 7th grade when I thought this one girl was actually nice to me because she wanted to be my friend and maybe want to know more about me, but unfortunately, my hopes was too high. She used me to get to a crush and my heart sank. I realized her ambiguous actions meant nothing but trouble, while in the beginning of the year, with my head held high, I followed her as if I was a little lost puppy. Realizing what I went through, I regret everything I went through. I sacrificed my free time to help her with her problems, homework, and family issues. I was the one whom gave opinions on her daily life, trying to help her for all the wrong reasons. Now as I look back at my years from Kindergarten to 8th grade, I knew I learned a lot from then. Now, I am completely aware of all of the things and I am learning to cope with them without any trouble. Hopefully, none of these things repeat because I want to move on from the past and step into the future.

TheFandomBeagle,

"It tastes like a rose, but it's less thorny and it tastes worse." - Sade
"Love doesn't discriminate." - Hamilton Musical (Aaron Burr)
"A weirdo of the highest order." - Counting Thyme

I'm glad that you are able to move on. I can totally relate with the part about following that girl around, and this really inspires me to write about my own experiences.