A Boy's Story | Teen Ink

A Boy's Story

By Brenton- BRONZE, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Brenton- BRONZE, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Second person: “Charlie hurry!” said his mother “Mae’s in labor!

First person: Charlie hurried and got out the shower, put on clothes and ran to the car where his mom was already waiting with the car ignited and he entered the car and reversed out of the driveway and sped to the hospital. When he and his mom entered the hospital, they asked the lady at the front desk what room Mae Hennings was in. The lady replied, “Room 100A that's on the 3rd floor.” Charlie and his mother rushed to the elevator and waited until the doors opened. When the doors opened him and his mother entered the elevator and he clicked Level 3 which was the third floor. Then when the doors opened again Charlie look to his right then to his left looking for a sign that said 100A-150B this way, and when he spotted it him and his mom walked quickly and finally they arrived in the room. They entered the room and Mae was giving labor to the child that was soon to be named. The doctor was telling her, “Push!” and she kept pushing. Then the moment they’ve been waiting for, 9 months and however many days there baby finally was welcomed to planet earth! Charlie asked to hold the baby, but the doctors had to run a test first to make sure it was healthy and safe. Gladly the baby healthy and safe and Charlie got to hold the baby after the tests. Since the baby was a boy Mae and Charlie decided to name him Vencen Hennings. “Ah, my son will be strong, smart, brave, humble, wise, and trustworthy.” Charlie said. He also said, “I will protect him, teach him to be a man, and how to treat women.”

Mae replied, “Good! I don’t want him running around acting like these other crazy, rebellious kids.” That made him think because he use to be a troublesome child also.

Page 1

Chapter 2

*Ahead in time*

Second person: “It seems as if it was only yesterday our son was born,” says Mae.

“Well, he has to grow up and go do his own thing,” said Charlie. Vencen was now 18 years old only a few days before he was a freshman at the University of Miami. He was going to be leaving his hometown Milwaukee, Wisconsin, his family, and friends. He’s even thinking about living there after college because he wants to experience the world.

*A few days later*

Second person: “Mom, dad….. I want to thank you For everything you have done for me. One day when I become a successful man I will take you anywhere and buy you anything.” His mother started to cry because she was sad and didn’t want him to leave but at the same time she does want him to leave and live life. His dad on the other hand, looked straight into his son's eyes and grabbed him and hugged him tightly and said, “Son, I know you’ll make some wrong decision and right decisions and you’ll learn from them.

”He replied, "Dad, I know!"

He smiled and in a low voice almost whispering he said, "What doesn’t kill you can only make you stronger," and he thought about that for a moment and then he realized that his whole life he's been through mountains and he's still alive. His father had to work two jobs to pay bills and put food on the table and his mother worked one job doing the same as his father. Vencen mostly had what he needed and little of what he want and he didn't like that. So because of that he strived for greatness and earned a scholarship to college wanting to be something in life instead of someone.

It's non-fiction and it's a short story about a boy and him mom and dad.