The Soldier | Teen Ink

The Soldier

January 20, 2015
By CK1997 SILVER, Christiansburg, Virginia
CK1997 SILVER, Christiansburg, Virginia
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
We can't choose where we come from but can choose where to go from there


A man with a brilliant mind slowly loses his thoughts with a grim disease in the head. He holds memories in his large wrinkling hands trying so hard to remember them. Medals and honors lined across each uniform from the countless years in service line up like soldiers in the closet. Photos of the life sit in place in the unopened photo books gathering dust. He sits in the formal living room listening to famous Operas and old memories of his youth. When with others he speaks of life as if it will never end. Talk of the past, present, and even the future. Some details may disappear little by little but the stories of the adventures of life still make an impact on those who hear them.   The past is hard to remember sometimes yet, the present brings a spark in his light eyes. Last the future is so bright and full of hope. His big smile lights up the whole room. Towers over other men as he stands army strong beside them. A man of a military past still in awe over the years in service and the adventures that came with them. Adventures live on in his heart. There is always a dark side to everything. When he is alone you can see the pain in his eyes. Trying to collect memories before they all disappear. The man hides the pain so well. Memories of life, trials, and adventure still live on now. This man is a retired army man still fighting in his own personal war. He'll keep fight till the very end!