Let's Travel Back in Time | Teen Ink

Let's Travel Back in Time

By Alina Tomy BRONZE, Delhi, Other
Alina Tomy BRONZE, Delhi, Other
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Well most of them have become parents now,but I know ill always be there first kid.they were not just “cousins” it’s a word I use only for refernce.they were my first bunch of siblings,they still are.during the first three years of my life,in the absecnce of my parents (they were in Saudi Arabia) I was brought up in kerala with my godparents at my dad’s place.i don’t remember much of my childhood but each time I look at an old photograph it brings a smile along with the happiness of those long gone memories.19 years have passed and I am still so sensitive,so spoild..:P you can guess why? Well if any complaints, blame it on them! : P

When we were small, we dreamt of growing up.we craved for independence, we longed for freedom.now that we are old we wish to be small again.thats how our dreams and reality is.both are incompatible.now we have freedem, but it comes with a cost.we are independent but our independence has a lot of responsibilites attached to it.

One reason why childhood days and memories are not the ones that come and go, but those which stay with us forever is probably because it was the only time when our hearts were pure and flawless.when we believed in building up bonds from our hearts and not out of needs.the more we made friends the more it gives us new reasons to love our old ones even more.a living proof to it is that of our chuddy buddies, they still remain so close to us.

As we grow,we loose our innocence.our heart starts malfuctioning and its our mind who takes over.growing up is insane ,it’s a trap.we get hurt and even we hurt.though we blame it on the circumstances and on others,the truth is that its all because of the decisions which we make thinking of nothing but our own sake.maybe not on purpose,but sometimes inorder to survive in this world we are forced to do so.we should understand that pain is the precursor to happines,because after every heavy downpour we are gifted with a rainbow delight.
Now we have a million reasons to fight and argue with our parents.what we all forget is that we were not the same as we are today by birth.today if we are something its because we came out of nothingness.out of just cells and tissues.one strong reason why we should always respect our parents is because,”we exist” and they gave us the chance to live.

To put it in simple often when we are in the spotlight, we rarely think about and thank all those who worked behind the stage.through this journey called life there are so many people who have contributed to making us who we are .there are hands that knit us together, bit by bit, and piece by piece.

Right now the world is so troubbled.everything is broken.our hearts, our familes and our relationships.
Instead of even thinking to mend it, we all is in hurry to end it.in this 21st century you can only dream of a utopia (an ideal society), not ask for it.

Though we have changed, our parents still tend to remain the same.mom always expressed her happiness and love each time I achieved something, wheather big or small.but dad never said anything.as a matter of fact, it has always infuriated me.but now when I look back in time, I have realised that he was really bad at expressing himself but he had a way with actions, he claaimed his love, in everything he did, all those little things which wer left unnoticed by me.

Before we leave the face of this earth, its time we should travel back in time, cherish those beautiful memories we had.learn from our mistakes and change our ways. Because maybe we were bad at some point of our life and bad things have happened a lot but it never means that we should stop doing good.cause at the end we are not answerable to anyone, but GOD.above all, never forget to thank the people who were part of our life.

I know that none of my lazy cousins are gonna read my article looking at the length of it, they’ll just hit a ‘LIKE’…:P but then looking at the picture (the photograph attached with it), I know they are gonna smile and that’s more than enough for me ?

well,i wrote it as a tribute to my parents and all those who have contributed in making me what i am today.