Three Days a New Yorker | Teen Ink

Three Days a New Yorker

September 28, 2015
By Anonymous

It was Sunday morning.  The sky was overcast with the sorrows and broken hearts from the lavish parties the previous night.  After we struggled getting out of our beds of roses, with plush blankets that could keep you toasty warm even on the coldest nights, we drove to a quaint cafe to start another expedition into the city that never sleeps.  It was called Bliss, where we had the best french toast in the city, along with conversing with the most humble new yorkers I have ever met.   After a delectable breakfast, we headed to one of the many parks of New York.  Central Park was filled with blissful couples in royal horse-drawn carriages, equipped with ancient coachman in top hats who persisted with arbitrary historical comments about their beloved city.  The sidewalks glistened with melting snow, while distressed mother’s eyes were fastened on their carefree children.  Ellie and I found a set of rusted slides while roaming through the historic park filled with the jubilant humans of New York.  Continuing to seize the photogenic moments of the marvelous city, we had a photoshoot in the park with our quality iPhone cameras.