My Pride and Joy Was Totaled | Teen Ink

My Pride and Joy Was Totaled

November 5, 2015
By forever_ally SILVER, Pickens, South Carolina
forever_ally SILVER, Pickens, South Carolina
5 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
ride or die


Foggy, smoke like clouds hovering around the cold grounds, the car heat starts to kick in while you drive a few feet down the road.  Cold days like today never seem to be any good.  Finally on my way to take my car to the shop to get the band new rims I had just ordered.  Boy was the car going to look good! Excitement filled my body of a rush of adrenaline ran up and down my veins.  As I start on down the road, passing the big cow pasture, seeing the school bus pick up the kids from down the road, it was no different than any other morning.  As I cross the bridge with my mother following behind me, I see these bright head lights come straight towards me.


The loud hard bang rang throughout the fields nearby, as other cars stop in the road.  Glass and metal covered the street leaving it to be unsafe to even try driving around. 


I opened my eyes, and my whole face was numb.  I didn’t know what had happened.  Was I dead or alive?  I couldn’t breathe!  I looked to my right and looked down seeing pastel pink airbags, my bags thrown to the front and my system in the back had completely flung to the middle of the two driver seats.  I couldn’t hear.  This loud ringing sound rolled through my ears.   I was suffocating it felt like…There was no oxygen in the car and the smell of the powder was horrible.  I finally got the strength to pull myself out of the car, still not knowing what had happened.


“Oh my Lord, someone help!”  My mother screamed while rushing out of the car holding her hands above her head grabbing her hair scared.  Her face was flushed, paler then a ghost.


Many people of the area where part of the fire department and hurried down to the sense.  Hearing the sirens of fire and Rescue on the way, dodging cars to get their as quick as possible. All that could be seen was a red Jeep Wrangler slid across the road into the grass, pieces of bumper thrown around like a rag doll. And a small Acura with the whole right side caved in, smoking coming out from the windows. Yet it was only the powder coming from the air bags.


They rushed over and checked the woman in the Jeep; she was scared half to death and more worried about where her smokes had flung out to.  The jeep’s axle was broken in the front and the tire was pushed underneath.


“Can I see you face, look up at me?”  A fireman had walked up to me and asked.


I looked up while one man moved his finger around commanding me to follow it with my eyes while one man checked my blood pressure and another check my heart rate. My whole body had shot up.   My mother had to take me to the hospital as soon as everything was settled.  My arm had been dislocated from the force of the airbag. 
The Acura had been totaled.  The radiator was leaking and smoking, the frame all bent up from the impact of a large car hitting it at 60 mph.  The rim had been broken into two; the whole right side looked as if it was shoved into the passenger seat.  The Lady in the Jeep had served and went into my lane hitting me… I felt like my life was completely over, I couldn’t race, couldn’t go out on anymore late drives, and my pride and joy was totaled.