In Memory of Myself | Teen Ink

In Memory of Myself

By madi_rae101 BRONZE, Hemet, California
madi_rae101 BRONZE, Hemet, California

You were a beautiful person, and you still are now. But right now you are different. In no way am I saying that this change is bad. The look in your eyes, your smile, and even the way your nose wrinkles when you laugh is different. There is a new feeling in you. One that you haven’t quite felt before and honestly if the old you had felt this she would have crumbled away with fear. Despite that caution in your step, and being afraid of who to let in, you still shine. With a small, all-knowing smirk plastered on to your face, and eyes that are constantly searching, you believe that you can conquer the world.

You were afraid and you no longer are afraid of who you are, you have embraced this beautiful change. You were trapped in a cage of constant agony but now you have broken free. Nothing can hold you back now. No man, women, nobody at all can hold you down. If anybody dares to impose on you that you have changed, don’t take it negatively. Little do they know that you are shining bright then ever before and if they cannot accept that then shame on them. This new you is a force to be reckoned with. So don’t you ever think otherwise.