Baseball | Teen Ink

Baseball

Beep, beep, beep My alarm goes off and I wake up at 6 am to get ready for baseball. After I got ready My dad and I  drove to my coaches house we loaded up the car and started our journey to Grand Rapids.

I don’t remember much from the car ride up there because I slept the whole time there. We got to the field about 8 am and we found the rest of the team and started warming up.  As we warmed up we went on the field and took infield and outfield. After that I ate my gamely snickers and got my drink then the game started. I’m not a very vocal person if you just talked to me but once I step on the field you won’t be able to get me to shut up. I talk extremely fast that everyone has a hard time understanding what I am saying. My batting wasn’t the best that game but come to find out my bat was broke therefore I switched from my mako to my S1. I wasn’t expecting a big difference but my next at bat I hit a stand up double that might have been a triple if I would have tried harder. In the end though we ended up winning the game. After the game and after telling the other team good job he cleaned out the dugout and huddled up outside behind the field and we talked about the game and what we did wrong and could prove on for the next game and what went good about the game. Between games I ran to get myself some good old breakfast with Kollin and Coach Kem. While I did this my good friend Riley laid on a blanket with Alexis and Aleigha as they are watching Alexis’ baby boy who was just born. After we got food we came back to the field so we could play our second game of the day. We are all stretched and warm for the second game but now we are just watching the last few innings of the game that is being played in between our games. Daring the game we got down by a few runs but you know what they say “ you gotta score some to win some.” My team isn’t the best out there but we have a lot of heart and we dug deep and we came back and scored and then battled till we won the game and I only had one ball hit to me all the way out in left field. The days we only have two games are the good days because we have some days that we play up to three maybe even four games in a single day. So after our huddle we all went home for the night to get some rest for the days to come. Sunday morning comes a lot faster than I wanted it to but that’s okay because I get to sleep all the way back up to Grand Rapids for game number one of the day. Same thing happens we get there find the team and get ready to play. Today we have to play three games and win them all just to win the tournament. Game one was easy win and we played an okay team that didn’t have their heads in the game that morning. We played back to back for our first two games and the team we played for our second game was the same team as our second game on day one. They had the mental thought that because we beat them once that they didn’t have a chance at beating us so they kinda just handed us the game and we when on to the championship game just like that. The time it took for us changed to the Davenport University college field the championship game for the 15u tournament was about half the way done with. we just watch and enjoyed a little relaxing time watching some good old baseball. The 15u game ended up going into extra innings and so we just sat and got tired and sleepy,  when it hit the 10th inning we started warming up and waking up so that we weren’t tired and ready for bed as we started to play. So the 15u game finally got over and my friend Kyle Liggett's team won with a record of 5-0 so I congratulated him and his team as we took the field to take infield and outfield. This game would have to be the hardest game of the tournament. It was a scary one because the other team started strong and came out and scored 2 runs in the first inning and we came back and scored one but then the score stayed that for the rest of the game. Both teams fought with everything that they had. This game was truly a game of defence because neither team could get a runner across the plate to score. The 7th inning came around and we finally got a spark and scored two runs to make the scare 3-2 us and boy were we fired up. We fought and battled till the end of the game and we won the game with a final score of 3-2 and a record of 5-0. After the game we got lined up and gave a big shiny ring that was made to look like a big super bowl rings. (I can bring mine in.) We got picture and pictures and more pictures with our rings and plaque but we went home and I showered and went to bed and then got up for school the next morning.