Rusted Love | Teen Ink

Rusted Love

By Your_Apathetic_Basketcase ELITE, Orlando, Florida
Your_Apathetic_Basketcase ELITE, Orlando, Florida

"Just remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off."
-Derrolyn Anderson

"Don't trust everything you see, even salt looks like sugar."

"The sea speaks more honestly... To those willing to drown." -J.D. Hard

I've been prone to catastrophic endings. Something profound always comes up in the end though. Hopefully this will be prepossessing and will leave me with and sweet taste and not bitter.

I sit in the grass, closer to nature, and trancendentalistic approach. If you are not one with the universe, you will never find great love and happiness.

And I fell in love, and I'm not sure how I figured,

And I'm confused on what I did,

And I will never understand why I had chosen you but I felt something, and I've got this fire inside, and yet my heart is ice cold. And you began to slowly melt away my icicles of acrid being.

And I haven't given up because of your impelling power to captivate me in ways I never thought possible.

And I'd rather wait my entire life waiting for you

I cannot predict the future, but I'd hope to see you in mine, by my side, me kissing you goodnight. Me holding you tight, and saying I will never leave yours.

Because felt a joint interconnection between you and I. And electrical force of nature. Like how the sun and moon could possibly be lovers. But you are my sun. You give me light, and, the moon take it and glow with glimmering happiness that can be seen as the earth ponders my beauty. Well, I'm all yours Mr. Sun, and you're my joy, my adrenaline, my endurance.

You've fed me a will to live, and proven to me, an independent woman, that I just might have found someone to be by my side. You let me live my life and I, yours. And That's is as healthy as it gets.

Because everyone else is like soggy cereal, there is nothing to chew, and you wind up spitting it out because the sensation in the mouth is absolutely repulsive. And so are they.

But you're different. I am different, we are different.

Together we can be something grand, unwavering in happiness, and you've given me my freedom back.

I sit here with wind in my sails, my hair blowing in the breeze, and your love had been rusted onto my body. Forever there. And That's exactly how I want it.