Barbies | Teen Ink

Barbies

November 2, 2018
By KazaD SILVER, Seaford, Delaware
KazaD SILVER, Seaford, Delaware
7 articles 15 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy donuts and thats kind of the same thing."


It’s nice to remember the easier days; The Barbie days, when we would spend hours and hours in our rooms with dolls, not with electronic devices. It’s nice to remember when our only worry was why you had two Ken dolls and twenty-nine Barbie’s. 

 


Third grade. When it rains, recess is filled with Barbie. Every afternoon after school is filled with Barbie.


Fourth grade. Sleepovers are Barbie movies and Barbie fashion apps. 

 


Fifth grade. I seem to have more homework assignments than Barbie dolls. 

 


Sixth grade. Middle school. No more Barbie. All my peers are interested in is their Instagram and Snapchat accounts. Their vans and converse. Their popularity and pop tarts. Every one is so busy doing nothing that they can’t see that there used to be easier days. Before algebra and wars. Before Mockingbirds and gerunds. When play dates were Barbies and Barbie gummy’s, not iPhones and ignorance. 


The author's comments:

I was in my most difficult class thinking about when things were much easier.