New Years Resolution | Teen Ink

New Years Resolution

By werock32 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
werock32 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

Do Homework!

I do well  on all my tests, but I need to do all my homework in order to get A’s. My resolution for the new year is to complete all my homework. Doing all my homework will also result in a better work ethic. This will end up benefit me in every aspect of work and school. I will be be setting up a plan on how to achieve this and how it will improve not only my grades now but in the future.

The first step will be to make sure I put all my assignments on a reminder in my phone. Considering how much I’m on my phone this will definitely not go unnoticed. Since we are talking about my phone, I should mention that when I start doing my homework I need to put my phone away because it is to much of a distraction. When I do homework, I need to put in lots of effort in order to be productive and build up my work ethic. One more important thing I can do to help myself achieve this is make sure to lay my homework out on the table first thing when I get home. Giving myself an award for doing my homework could work as an incentive as well. If I do all these steps I will be able to achieve this New Years resolution.

When I achieve this resolution it will make improvements in many aspects of my life. The first improvement is it will help me become ready for college, considering there will be a larger workload in college. The most obvious improvement will be in my grades because not only because my homework will be done, but I will be more ready for any test or quizzes I have. Making myself do all my homework will help build a better work ethic which can help in my future career choice. Completing all my homework will also support a more productive work day. School can stressful, so being prepared by doing my homework will take a lot of stress out.  

Many New Year's resolutions go by the wayside but this one I need to keep. So many benefits will come from this achievement I just have to accomplish it. If I complete all these steps in the right order it will most definitely help in achieving this goal. This New Year’s Resolution for 2019 will be accomplished no doubt!