Sacramento,my home | Teen Ink

Sacramento,my home

By Stephany23 BRONZE, Elk Grove, California
Stephany23 BRONZE, Elk Grove, California

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real." - Tupac Shakur

Sacramento, where do I start? Everywhere I go, I can smell fresh made food from all the beautiful restaurants. Occasionally, I go down to the river and dip my feet in the cold water and listen to the beautiful songs of nature. In the morning when I get out of my house, I see clear blue skies and flowers waiting for the right time to bloom.

Okay...scratch out everything I just said because it’s not even half true. When I go to the river, it’s not the most pleasant sight. There’s trash everywhere and there’s not a lot of water due to the droughts we’ve been having for some time now. The air doesn’t always smell like fresh made food, it smells like smoke most of the time. In my neighborhood, I can hear sirens day and night. This could be either an ambulance or police car, either way, it’s not a happy sound.

If someone doesn’t do something, no one will. Parks are meant to be a fun place for children to play in. When I go to the park, I see homeless people sleeping on benches or under trees. This makes me start to think. Yes there are are homeless shelters, but there’s obviously not enough. The government should use our taxes to build new shelters so the homeless have a place to stay and so kids can play in parks safely. The thing is, even if there are more shelters, there’s still going to be a numerous amount of people with no homes and no jobs to work their way up to a good life.

When I talk about Sacramento, I usually talk about the good things because no one wants to hear the bad stuff. Now you know the real Sacramento.

In my writing, I put in my full opinion. I believe that any place in the world has two sides, a good one and a bad one, it all depends on how we want to see it.