Rambles of a 15-Year-Old | Teen Ink

Rambles of a 15-Year-Old

January 18, 2019
By DaniaZie GOLD, Shah Alam, Selangor, Other
DaniaZie GOLD, Shah Alam, Selangor, Other
11 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"And remember one thing, the second day is always better than the first"
- Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day


It's 12 minutes till midnight - wait, it's now 11:49 p.m. That's 11 minutes till midnight.

And now, it changed to 10 minutes. I should be getting ready for bed. Yet, something, just something is telling me to write. I took out my laptop from under my bed before switching it on.

In case you're wondering, I am sitting at the edge of my bed as I write. I don't know what it is about writing, with the way it compels you to stay up and just write. It's as though writing is a spell casted on someone who loves it.

Time has passed; it is now 11:55 p.m. 5 more minutes.

Frankly, I opened up my laptop to write about something else entirely. I'm not even kidding. I was planning to write a short story; an idea has arrived in this head of mine, and I need to write it.

But then of course, I heard the first line in my head (It's 12 minutes till midnight, in case you've forgotten), so I knew I definitely had to write it down.

1 more minute. That's 60 seconds. And now, it's midnight.

I know that I should be sleeping, or I should at least be in bed, trying to sleep. But I'm here, writing about how I felt like writing and that I should be sleeping instead.

Or something like that.

I can't exactly remember the point of me writing this entry down on my blog.

Anyways, it's 12:02 a.m. 2 minutes past midnight, and the start of a new day.

And I must write that short story I have in my head.

I really need to stop procrastinating.

Good night.


The author's comments:

I wrote this two years back on my blog when I was 15 and I thought I'd share it here too.