I Fell in Love | Teen Ink

I Fell in Love

February 23, 2019
By Anonymous

I fell in love in fourth grade, with a boy whose name I could not pronounce and could barely look at. I feared falling deeper into his mosaic blue eyes that made me feel like summer. His blonde curls drew me in and spun me around, while the gaps in his teeth caused something in my heart to twinge.The scent of spices seemed to dance around him and pronounce his presence. He was innocent; tentatively looking at the world through his bulky glasses. He was quiet around most but an explosion of energy around his friends, leaving all traces of that shy boy behind.

I fell in love in seventh grade, with a boy whose eyes were mischievous, laying on face so angular. He was one of the populars, but I could see the kind boy behind the wall of cockiness he built, one who had a light heart and a desire to escape the scrutiny of that crowd. His dark moles perfectly contrasted his ivory pale skin and his full lips captured my attention. His dirty blonde hair looked best when it lay naturally atop his head, falling over his icy blue eyes.

I fell in love in eleventh grade, with a boy who sported a very compelling ' I don't give a f***' attitude, his reluctance to conform drew me in further. He had these eyes, ultimately captivating, orbs of green and warmth swirling together to create an exquisite hazel. His black hair complimented his beautiful eyes as it flopped over, untamed, always modeling a sort of bed head. His laugh simply added to his attraction, it felt like a warm fireplace on a frigid winter night. Whenever he opened his mouth and let words spill out, my own words died inside my throat, as the fear of saying something mindless overtook me, yet my heart seemed to jump start back to life, feeling every beat pounding throughout my body.

I fell in love in twelfth grade. Their plain dark brown eyes had a special glimmer as the rays of sunlight illuminated the warm chocolate tones hidden underneath. Slowly falling in love with their uncontained and free laughter that rung out so often: the kind of laugh that drew out laughter in others around them. I fell in love with their humor, especially with the perfectly timed 'that's what she said' jokes. I fell in love with the most important person in twelfth grade. The girl that smiled back when I looked in the mirror stole my heart right out of my chest and never looked back.