Too Many Colors to Fit | Teen Ink

Too Many Colors to Fit

By austynrichard BRONZE, Marrero, Louisiana
austynrichard BRONZE, Marrero, Louisiana

There are never enough park jerseys to fit everyone that needs them. From little kids to teenagers, the problem always seems to get worse. Kids are accident-prone and the older kids simply do not care when it comes to the care of the jerseys. There are always a lot of colors to choose from, but there is always at least one kid who is left with a jersey that is too big or too small. There always seems to be an abundant of youth sizes, so the older kids must argue over who gets the jersey that is his or her correct size. Colors allow there to be many teams, but quite often, half of the colors are never used. This means that money has been wasted on jerseys that will just stay in a closet instead of using the money for more sizes for the jersey colors commonly used. The jerseys that are able to fit the kids are often damaged and stained with unknown things, which most people do not want to wear. Tears make finding a jersey much more complicated, and in the end, it may be stained with someone’s deodorant or dinner.  Some kids will refuse to wear the jerseys, while other may just bear it. However, any jersey that is stained by someone else is highly unsanitary and does not allow kids to look uniform and tidy.

There are many simple solutions to this problem. Better funding, in general, can have a great improvement for the situation. Most parks charge registration fees, but some of the money should be able to go into buying new jerseys. Some parks could have fundraisers, for example, chocolate bar sales, to produce money that would be needed to purchase new jerseys, uniforms, and other necessities. Most management at parks do not care about the kids or teams. This leads to a lack of attention to problems such as this. Fees should also be charged for anyone who brings in a messed up jersey. The jersey was in good condition before use should be returned in good condition. Anyone who tears or stains a jersey, depending on the severity, should at least have to pay a small amount. Accidents do happen, but that does not give everyone the right to be careless while in their uniform.

The jersey problem could be improved by these solutions because it helps to ensure that enough money goes to the jerseys. Better funding allows money to be used to buy more jerseys in more sizes. Fees can vary depending on what park one goes to, but good funding can improve the situation no matter the cost. Fundraisers can help provide money to buy jerseys for each kid, ensuring that there is the correct size and color. This helps the teams look orderly and clean. Fundraising also helps people feel more comfortable in the uniform because they know that they are the first person to have worn it. Since there are a variety of things that can be sold, kids are more likely to supply the complete cost of their uniform.. If a family does not make enough money, they can pay out of pocket because they hopefully took a big chunk out of the cost with what they sold. Getting better management can also help with all problems that are often neglected. People who actually want the park to look good and function well will make a priority to correct the issues. Jersey fees would probably help the most with this particular problem. A jersey that was temporarily given to a child should not be returned in worse condition. While accidents do happen, there is no reason that they should not be taken of at all. Fees will allow people to ensure that they at least watch what they do in the jerseys and try not to tear it or spill something on it. It is not a complete solution, but it will help the most. Jerseys are what makes a team unique, so they should be taken care of.