Creative Writing 2019 | Teen Ink

Creative Writing 2019

Barefaced Beauty

She is the most beautiful human being I have laid eyes on. I envy every single thing about her, but I know she envies others. Her confidence is radiant. Her personality is stunning. Her beauty is bewildering. She is talented, intelligent, funny, creative, responsible, hard working, caring, unique, inspirational. She amazes me everyday with how much knowledge she holds. If I could be just like anybody, I would be like her. She has changed my life this past year. Through every interaction with her, my self confidence has grown beyond what I thought it could. She radiates nothing but good energy, and those around her feel it.   

Cynical Creature

On the outside he seems sweet. Once you get to know him, he will tear himself apart for you. He will carry your burdens. He will make you feel safe. He will say everything you have been wanting to hear. It’s a toxic game. Slowly, he will grow bitter. Resentful. Unhappy. He will begin to tear you apart as well. There is no easy way out. Pure havoc surrounds his being and I have begun to wonder if maybe it is him who needs to escape.

Emerald Envy

If she were color she would be green. It’s unpredictable. Green can be the color of envy that those around her feel when they take in her effortless beauty. Green can be the sense of safety she brings with her wherever she goes. She is greedy and calming and jealous and hopeful but too much of her and damn, she will drive you crazy. Green is about balance, and she manages to balance everything into  one small being.

Faux Front

He builds up brick walls and hopes that nobody will be strong enough to break through them. Instead, I have learned to climb over them. I have been an invasive species in the pattern in his life, but he does not seem to mind. He is everything that I am not, yet he makes up half of who I am. He is self-centered and caring and egotistical and kind and arrogant and selfless and childish and intelligent. I would not change a thing about him.

Incorrect Identity

She focuses on her flaws, but those do not makeup who she is. She is just human like the rest of us. She is not a bad person, yet she thinks she is. She tries her best in everything she does, but never feels like she is doing enough. She is always putting herself down, but she does not deserve that. I have seen her at her best, and I have seen her at her worst. She is strong, and she is beautiful. She deserves the world, but she would never ask for that much. She puts everybody else before her, even when she deserves to be first. She has done amazing things, but she has a lot left to do.

Rare Relationship

He is the brightest person I have ever met, in every sense of the word. His intelligence is captivating and his personality is charming. He would never speak badly about another person, a trait that I envy so deeply. He is kind and respectful and quiet and confident. His smile lights up the room and he always knows just what to say. He is one of the best people I have ever met and will ever know. He believes we are one in the same, but I know he is so much better than I ever could be.

Every person has a different way of viewing the people in their life, whether it be the stranger they just watched cross the street in front of their car, or their very best friend. My goal was to analyze the way that I look at some of the people in my life through a series of reviews. I reviewed people, not through a grading scale, but through the emotions that are evoked when I think of them and the opinions I have formed through my experiences.