Life Is a Game | Teen Ink

Life Is a Game

By TianX BRONZE, Manchester, New Hampshire
TianX BRONZE, Manchester, New Hampshire

Live For Others.

We are small, comparing to the cosmos. But we are tremendously big, as we are free to dictate our actions.

Life is a game—this statement implies two applications. First, we need to have fun, as the result is less important than the process. Second, we must struggle to get the most points out of it, as a cruel “survival of the fittest.”

We come to the world to enjoy the world. No one can give us purposes except for ourselves. We are not obligated to contribute, but we are born to create meaning. For me, if I don’t like the script that God gives me, I will rewrite it.

This is a grand encounter — our ancestors clashed and collapsed; we survived when the best combination remains and perpetuates. It was not until I read, “imitation is suicide,” I understood that if you conform, you will be replaced.

I’ve seen many people: they are very young, but they seem dead. Years after graduation, they still live in tenements in the crowded suburb. They choose the most comfortable way of living and are satisfied with their meager salary. They are impulsive, yet they cannot bear the consequence. They have no real ability, so they mock other people’s dream and stand in their way to thwart their progress. They become aggressive when you achieve more. They hope you make a mistake so they can attack your observation and tact. They fear to lose, so they never try to make things happen. This is the meaning they give to themselves. 

The only problem with this meaning is that there are too many people who pick the same path. So ultimately, no single one of them will thrive.

Never look back, as the past cannot be reversed. We have to look forward to our glittering career. Do whatever we think is right; jumping on the bandwagon is a recipe for disaster.

“Use your leverage,” says Trump, “to win the game.” To augment our leverage, we become unique, such as the most profitable football player in the NFL. When someone is trying to walk all over you, fight back. We ought to make a difference, undertaking the most difficult enterprise and make it the best.

Sometimes it’s dangerous when people harbor excessive hope and ambition. But I like that way. We will triumph, and if we don’t, that’s the time we need to rewrite the game.

Note:

“They” refers to some young adults I see in China. They are talented, yet they cease to be that way. I am criticizing their attitude, as they have compromised to the pressure of life at a very young age.