Falling To My Near Death | Teen Ink

Falling To My Near Death

September 27, 2019
By JulianMills BRONZE, Sacramento, California
JulianMills BRONZE, Sacramento, California
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Im knowing what you need but what you want from me


So I was in the second grade about 7 years old and was playing for a soccer team near my house. One day I came home expecting to go to practice. So I go to my backyard to stretch and warm up before we left because I had 30 minutes before I had to leave. So im back there playing for about 10 minutes when my mom said she was going to take a 20 minute nap and to wake her up when it's time to leave. I got bored of playing so i started to kick the ball up in the air. 


Now that was a bad decision because i didn’t have accuracy and it was going all over the place. I accidentally kicked it into the tree when it got stuck. I then made another horrible decision to climb to the top of the tree. I got up there and threw the ball down. I thought to myself if it would be easier to jump off or climb down the tree. I chose to jump down because it would be faster. When I did that i landed on a broken chair that stabbed through the back of my leg. I instantly yelled at the top of my lungs and my mom and sister came outside. My mom took one good look and said “ your going to need stitches”. 


We rush to the car and drive to the nearest ER. I remember yelling      “ I'm going to die, Im bleeding” to my mom. She told me I was going to be okay and we arrived to the ER. When we got there it took about 5 mins to get checked out. The doctor came in the room and looked at the huge cut in the back of my leg and said “ yeah you're going to need stitches.” I started crying because I knew they were going to hurt. The doctor comes back with all the equipment and said “countdown from 10”. So they put the stitches in and then another doctor comes in and says “ Take those out and put staples in instead.” I got up and ran so they couldn't put them in. My mom finds me and brings me back to the room. I was crying during the whole process and then went home and slept. I couldn't go to school for a couple days and couldn't play any sports.


The author's comments:

Took place in the 2nd Grade.