Two Closed Doors | Teen Ink

Two Closed Doors

January 14, 2020
By noravoght GOLD, Merton, Wisconsin
noravoght GOLD, Merton, Wisconsin
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."-Albert Einstein


They are the only ones bringing me down. I am the only one trying to see them. Two closed doors with sharp corners and broken hinges like discarded garbage. Four remain with me forever and never leave. Two heartless decisions holding me back. Everywhere I go, I can hear them, smell them, see them, and taste them, but everyone says to just forget them. 

Their power and pain is a secret. They send soldiers to battle, my mind in the dark depths of the night. They close me off and never open with hands of steel guarded by their sharp corners and broken hinges, quiet entry isn’t a choice. This is how they hurt. 

If I tried to open them their words and pain would drop me like a dead body, each always locked. Leave, leave, leave they say when I try. They hurt. 

When I am too broken to keep healing, when I am a million bandages covering a river of pain. When there is nothing left to help or help forget. Two who taught despite the pain. Two who remain and remind. Two whose only reason is to hurt, but help.