Graditude | Teen Ink

Graditude

By CarterTomich GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
CarterTomich GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

There aren’t a lot of words I can say or things I can do to show how grateful I am to my mom but I’ll do my best. She is one of the most important people in my life and is always there for me morning and night. I’ve learned so much from her and I continue to do so, between life lessons and freshly cooked meals everyday I love everything about her. 

Even at times when we get into fights and disagreements we always work it out and forgive each other. My mom is always there to show me the right way in life when it comes to school or friends, like when she helped me work on my homework even though she’s not the best at math she still gave her best effort for me.

My mom is there for me even when she doesn’t want to, like hold my various items in her bag when we go out and making food for my friends and I, last minute of course, when we have nothing else to do on the weekend. 

I respect my mom for the work she does and how she doesn’t ask for a lot in return, unless it’s dishes that may be pushing it, and I respect her creativity and the way she decorates the house for the season always make home a cozy place. 

I love my mom and I am very thankful to have her.