The thing I carry | Teen Ink

The thing I carry

I woke up in the late afternoon in a dark room and the whole house was silent. So silent even the slightest movement or drift of wind could be heard. I make my way upstairs to find nobody home and not know where anybody was at or where they could have gone. I make my way downstairs to grab my phone as I see something from the corner of my eye. Going back to see what I just so happened to catch a glimpse of I found there was nothing. Now sitting on my bed wondering if I am in a dream or just simply paranoid at the fact I am home alone and felt like I wasn't.

Finding myself relaxed and home alone I watch netflix and eat pizza rolls as I talk to people on the phone and go on with my day. I eventually get up to let my dogs out and get something to drink to wash down my food. On my way to walk back down the stairs, BOOM! The door swings open and my brother and sister walk in the house with my mom trailing behind them. They went to the store and decided to let me sleep in for the day and at that moment we scared each other by me already being by the door and them coming out of nowhere.

Later that day I made arrangements to take my girlfriend out and hangout with her. My girlfriend’s name is Krista, she has long brown hair and greenish eyes that change throughout the seasons. She is kind of short and she loves to take nap’s. Krista works on a horse farm and loves horses and all other animals. She loves dogs a lot and always comes over to play with my dogs. She is very energetic and loves to go out and do things such as the movies. So we went to the movies and spent time together. 

We went to the Monroe Phoenix Movie Theater. We went there on a saturday night at around 5:30pm to walk around the mall and look around. 6:15pm is when the movie starts so we went back early to get our seats and snacks. We went to watch a rated R movie, the thriller movie is called “Candyman”. Me and Krista got to our seats and we prepared to watch a scary film with the buttery popcorn that you just can't resist to stop eating and the coke slushies we had bought. We sat in row E seats 3 and 4 with the heated seats on to warm us while the movie started. We watched the lights dim and nodded our head back down to the big jumbo screen as the first scene came on. 

When the movie was over we got up to put each shoe back on and fold the reclined chairs back upward. We walked out of the theater to leave and felt hungry so we went to get chicken wings at Buffalo Wild Wings. When we got there and had already eaten our food and were getting ready to leave I went to pay and saw the ticket stubs from the movie we just had seen. It put a smile on my face realizing that we created a good memory and had a great evening that night. From now on I will always remember that night and will always keep those ticket stubs with me to remind myself of what a great memory or evening that was.

That day was an overall great day. I got to spend time with Krista and had a lot of fun. Even with how the morning started being startled by my siblings and not knowing if anyone was home or not the day got better and better as it went on. From the car rides to the movies and to dinner to when I got home, the thing I remembered, the moment I laid my head down I remembered. I thought of the ticket stubs in my wallet sitting next to me. From then on I continued to go to bed and wake up the next morning holding onto the memories I had created the night before that I will remember and hold onto me forever.

This is a 11th grade english essay on a memory or thing I carry with me physically or mentally that I will keep with me for as long as I can or want.