Don’t Forget | Teen Ink

Don’t Forget

October 8, 2021
By Lulmarco BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Lulmarco BRONZE, Sacramento, California
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments


One day I was at home with my mom and my mom said “stay here and watch the beans” while she went to the store. So I stayed and I went to my room to play video games. I was on it for about 20 min but from a distance I could hear a slight sizzling noise. I didn't think much of it so I got back to playing video games. When I finished 2 minutes after I heard it get louder I could tell it was coming from the kitchen. 


I yelled “The beans” 


I ran to the kitchen and i turned down the heat and i seen that the water had boiled too much that it came out the pot. So I grabbed napkins to clean all the water that had come out. My mom got home as soon as I finished cleaning the water. 


She looked at me and said “you weren't taking care of the beans like i told you to huh.” 


I said “no”


She replied “what were you doing”


I said “playing video games”


She replied “why didn't i take care of them since i always do”


I said “ I don't know why” 


She was very mad at me so i left outside and when i got back home i had brought her food she was still mad. When she was done she told me “you didn't even clean the water right”


I said “yes i did”


But I remember cleaning everything that had spilled everywhere. But I didn't clean inside the burners and she saw the water there too.  


I learned that if my parents tell me something I should be paying attention and that I should not forget. If I forget there will be consequences to what happens. It was funny because I had some fun out of it and I laugh  thinking about it.


The author's comments:

Im fun to be around.