2021 kindness contest | Teen Ink

2021 kindness contest

November 1, 2021
By fearless_kitten20 BRONZE, Fairview, Oklahoma
fearless_kitten20 BRONZE, Fairview, Oklahoma
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

hello! I am savannnah i am sixteen in high school and in 9th grade got moved back a year and this year i was shown great kindness, I was sitting in the library when i over heard some people talking about the LGBTQ+ and making it sound like it wasn't suppose to happen and i started getting very mad and feeling very independant about myself but i caight my self and stood my ground and just kept listening. And as they kept walking and talking i started to laugh out loud too! and i didnt know and one of the men looked at me and says " what are you laughing about? is that a funny book?" and i looked at him and said "no but the why you talk about "us" LGBTQ+" he looked embarrassed and then he got angry so angry that i got me to my feet and moved back and then one of my friends saw what happened and helped me and told the librarians what happened.And my heart was beating i was shaking and surprisingly i was still holding the book in my hand everything happened so fast that i don't really know why or how it got that way, sometimes i worry about "us" as LGBTQ+ community and people that aren't but knowing we can do anything we want and so much of us LGBTQ+ have risen up and we have grown together and started to fight back thats it ok for everything. Recently my boyfriend broke up with me and i was so sad and depressed that i didn't know what to do anymore and my mom helped me through it and i am so glad and happy she was there to help me and the situation and i cold't ask for a better mom and i love her to death, i recently read a article that the overnment is trying to make some of the LGBTQ+ not come out cause its not normal or okay or good for society but i disagree with that whole heartedly and if anyone wants to argue or fight back with me then i will happily talk or confront you. i am very open and very kind but not if your going to be mean or anyhting to me im a treat you as you treat me kinda of thing, but my two accounts of kindness was my mom helping me through a tough time and a boy help me from a rude man.