2022 Educator Of The Year | Teen Ink

2022 Educator Of The Year

February 28, 2022
By TessaDreamAuthor_3000 PLATINUM, Tomball, Texas
TessaDreamAuthor_3000 PLATINUM, Tomball, Texas
37 articles 2 photos 147 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." - Dolly Parton
" Balance your life with spiritual experiences that remind and prepare you for continued, daily ministering to others." - M. Russell Ballard
"Love is expressed in a smile, a wave, a kind comment, a compliment." - Thomas S. Monson


Usually some people, if not everyone, has a favorite teacher in Junior High or High School that made their school experience amazing and truly the best! My favorite teacher is Mrs. Canada, the librarian at my school, because she is very kind and generous, creative and productive, and is always there for students and prepared to teach and help others learn.

Mrs Canada is my school librarian, and I met her a month into my Junior High seventh grade school year. She was so sweet the first time I met her and created a very great impression on me. I was still getting adjusted to my new school, and she helped me with that. She was kind enough to guide me through the steps of checking out a book and we had a great conversation to get to know each other first. She always said hello to me when I walked into the library and we would ask each other how our day was going, and she would always make me smile. She was truly the light of my days. 

For English class, we would occasionally have classes in the library to check out online books, she would tell us about the Battle Of The Books Program, and then we would do a workshop. One of the most fun activities she planned that I can remember is a Library Escape Room. She was very creative and gave us hints so we could at least finish the escape room. It was really fun to finish and have that experience.

Later, I did get into the Battle of The Books Program, that I mentioned earlier, and she printed us lists of the books we needed to read, and told us if we have any questions to ask her or if we need help, to ask her. She told  us she is always at the library, if not she is on lunch break, and she would be happy to help us. I had a project for Dance and I didn’t realize it had to be a ‘book’ and Mrs. Canada didn’t have a stapler for me to use at the moment, but she did have a binding machine. I geeked out over the supply and coolness of the machine and Mrs. Canada’s willingness to help.

So, even though others’ teachers may be the ones that let them have a bunch of free time, mine is the one who impacts my day the most and is an important person to me. Mrs. Canada is my favorite teacher.


The author's comments:

This is for the Contest 2022 Educator of the Year! Hope you like it!