Keep on Fighting | Teen Ink

Keep on Fighting

Cancer is the worst.

About two or so years ago when I was almost nine years old we got the most       terrible news that a person could ever get. My Grandma had stage two breast cancer.

I was really surprised none of my relatives had ever had this sickness so none of us knew this was coming. 

I was at the playground when we got the news. It was a normal day. I was just swinging my heart away. After I was done playing I got in the car and my dad told me what was happening and why grandma was not feeling good recently. Everything paused, sounds stopped, colors were black just everything was´not normal at this moment. After I took this in I started crying really hard. Then we went home which at that time was my grandma's house but when i went in the house it was too hard to even look at her knowing that she was sick not in a mean way but she had never been this sick before. After about two hours I came out of my room and acted like everything was normal. She looked pretty tired and I knew before that the treatment was exhausting in so many ways. She was sick about 2 weeks before I got the news so she had already had a few treatments going. 

After a few weeks her cancer got smaller and smaller which not everyone is lucky to have that happen. We got told that she would either get better or worse in a few weeks. This was the day that we were waiting for the whole time we knew that she had cancer. Then we knew her cancer got smaller and smaller till the point where it was all gone!

This was really good news and not all people get this news so my whole family was super excited

After a few weeks of endless doctor appointments. And after long important  phone calls she got medicine to keep her from getting it again. So she has to keep taking it everyday and till this day she is cancer free and living a good healthy life. And I am really happy. Just know that you love your family because one day one of them can get really bad news.