Little Thief | Teen Ink

Little Thief

By Mexico123456 SILVER, Sacramento, California
Mexico123456 SILVER, Sacramento, California

"Wake up to reality! Nothing ever goes as planned in this world. The longer you live, the more you realize that in this reality, only pain, suffering, and futility exist."

Little Thief
It started when I was 9 or 10. It was a cold fall and a sunny day combined. The school day was over at Cesar Chavez and I came running to my mother and my siblings.
“Hola mijo how was school,” said my mother
“School was okay,” I said.
We walked a couple of minutes and I walked through a neighborhood that was quiet.
“Why is it so quiet mama,” I asked my mother.
“I don’t know mijo, maybe they are all asleep,” she answered.
We passed a gray looking house that had two toys by the sidewalk. “I’m gonna take this green toy gun,” I thought.
I put the toy gun in my backpack and walked from the quiet neighborhood all the way home. One hour after getting home my mother saw me with the toy gun and she was mad.
“Where did you get the toy gun,” my mother asked.
“I took it from the gray house,” I told her honestly.
“TOMORROW YOUR TAKING THE GUN BACK,” she said angrily.
The Next Day I was walking with my siblings and my mother. As I pass thru the gray house I dropped the green toy gun on the property and left.

This part is not part of the story but A year later I saw 2 police officers and a body covered in a white blanket. I believe it looked like a body and weirdly I knew it was a dead body. Also, I believe it was the owner of the gray house.

The End