Moments Spent in Operation Table | Teen Ink

Moments Spent in Operation Table

When the doctor told me that I will have to undergo the surgery to get rid of my illness, I literally got goosebumps which actually doesn't go well enough with me in normal times. I get easily frightened. Well that was my first time lying in the operation table. My mom thought I was nervous. So she started encouraging me. 

The second news which was about the time of my surgery, made me more enraptured. The assistant of the doctor told me that they were preparing the operation theater and my surgery would be conducted after 30 minutes. Literally, at the same time, that was startling and bewildering, because that was my first time undergoing surgery. The hospital's staff helped me to wear the proper cloth for the operation as my operation was related to my abdomen. I was that much thrilled that I forgot to say any words to my mom. She was more nervous than I. When I entered the operation theater, I saw many new things which for I was yearning. Then an assistant doctor helped me to lie down on the operation table. Then he pushed anesthesia on my back and the lower part of my body got heavier. Then I tried to move my legs many times. But in vain, I couldn't. What I saw in dramas or movies, those things were happening to me. Many unclear things of mine got clearer. In the operation theater, the doctors were talking about many things they were discussing about politics, education, etc. I couldn't talk during the operation. After the operation, the doctors talked with me, not about the operation but that was about my educational and personal life. Because of my family's sorrowful incidents, they took pity on me and told my mom to pay less for the operation and hospital bills. When the anesthesia was losing its effect, I got to know about the pain~

I am a high school student. I love to write fiction, non fiction. poetry, etc. This piece shows my first time ever experience in the operation theatre.