The Beauty of the Freshest Water on Earth | Teen Ink

The Beauty of the Freshest Water on Earth

October 24, 2022
By rjones16 GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
rjones16 GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
13 articles 0 photos 0 comments

As we came around the corner the beauty of the chlorine blue colored ice appeared. Tucked behind the beautiful luscious mountains is the years of melting ice making its way down the intricate crevices. The melting of the ice shapes the beautiful masterpiece of nature.

We get out of the helicopter that has taken us this far. The cool air hits my face and the fresh scent of nature fills the air. You hear nothing but the sound of the people around you and the rushing water in the river below. We are now in an air boat that will take us around the beautiful masterpiece.

As we sit quietly you can hear the sound of water trickling down into the river that surrounds us. The rushing of the water and the breaking of the ice making the lovely music of nature. 

We made our way around this massive beauty seeing the nature that lies within. The sea lions that call this place home that live in groups of 30. They swam gracefully through the water and slept on the broken pieces of the chlorine blue ice from the big beautiful masterpiece.

Coming back we then get into the helicopter again and land on the masterpiece. The crunch of the ice, the chill in the air, and the rush of the freshest water on earth fills the air. Big holes filled with water and the chlorine blue color is what you see. 

We get back in the helicopter and leave the masterpiece. Winding through the luscious mountains we see the masterpiece getting smaller and smaller until we can’t see it anymore. What a beautiful sight that I hope to revisit.