My Inspiration | Teen Ink

My Inspiration

My former cheer coach is someone I will never forget.  Nicole treated everyone with respect and loyalty.  She puts her athletes before herself and would do anything for them.  

Whenever I had a situation I was unsure of what to do I would go to her.  When I had to make a tough decision based on cheering she was there for me.  I didn't know if I should continue doing cheer and she talked over my situation with me on the phone and really helped me see what my options were.  

Nicole was also there for me when she closed the cheer gym she owned and she comforted me through the tough time.  

Nicole pushed me in athletic ways and in mental ways and I think she is the reason I am who I am today.  She is one of my biggest role models and I admire who she is as a coach and a person.  Nicole thought people should act how they want to be treated and I think that is one of the reasons that I admire her as a person so much.  I also look up to her as a coach and still see her as a coach even though she is not my current cheer coach.  

Nicole encouraged the athletes on her teams to be the best that we could be.  Whenever we would win a competition Nicole would be filled with joy, but not necessarily because we won, but because she could see how happy we were.  She is my inspiration and I know she is my biggest supporter