Dream Career | Teen Ink

Dream Career

December 13, 2022
By Pinkflamingo GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Pinkflamingo GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
15 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Picture me at the bank of a river looking out at jagged rocks pointing to the sky. The sunlight creates a peaceful glow over the canyon. I have been waiting for the perfect moment to snap a picture and I feel like this is the time. I hold the view close and know at that moment this was the shot to lead the new blog on Arizona. I head back to the camper beaming with delight knowing I can share this beautiful piece of art with the world and write about the tranquility experienced. 


If I could pick any job without thinking about money or family I would pick a blogger. This job is amazing on so many levels. The job allows you to travel and experience so many different places all around the world. It allows you to connect with people that don’t necessarily get to travel and helps other people plan for their perfect vacation. Many opportunities could come out of blogging. 


A blogger starts out picking the perfect place to go that is not necessarily expected. It could be in or out of the country. I would have to research what I should go see and do in the short amount of time I have. I have to think about money and not spending it all too. After I have a plan then it's time to take action. I go out and take pictures, take notes on the setting and the culture all around, and take in all the location has to offer. I will start with very few subscribers and followers. I will have to start from the ground up thinking of creative ways to reach people. I will have to work double jobs while I’m getting on my feet. Once I am a successful blogger I will be going to places none stop and won't be settling down. It will be hard to start a family and keep long friendships. Everything will be worth it when I can reach out to people.


When I am traveling I will be living life to the fullest. When traveling with family and friends I am always the happiest. Imagine what life would be like if that is all that I did. When blogging my mission is to let others that can not travel see through my eyes and maybe experience something. Nothing can compare to actually going to the physical place but if I could help even a little it would be worth it. Right now I have a traveling duck Instagram page. It only has 50 followers but I really want to expand this and make it something bigger. I hope I can make an organization that eventually allows people who can not travel to travel. Blogging could help expand this idea and make it something more. Traveling is really my passion and if I can share that with others and help others not as fortunate I would in a heartbeat.


Whenever I go on vacations I am typically the planner. I plan out what restaurants look good and interesting activities my family and I could do. I think I could do this for other people too. Through other people's blogs or travel guides, I make a plan. If I was a blogger other people could do the same but I would be the blogger. I would write in real detail about some things and be practical about others. That's another motive for blogging.


Overall I think blogging is the ideal career with so many benefits. It is a job you could never get tired of.