Life is a Car with No Brakes | Teen Ink

Life is a Car with No Brakes

June 1, 2023
By Anonymous

I am like a car with no brakes, my mind races and thinks faster than I can move. The pressure of time to keep pushing you on and the wind resistance of doubt and confusion to hold you back. The gas to the floor I fly through the months and power through the hard times. The hard moments will pass with time, forcing you to eventually figure through the issues. Whenever I'm going through hard times I tend to think to myself, “Why does it have to be like this, why does this have to happen to me.” These ideas will hinder your well-being in life because you need to see that you can't focus on the why or the how, but how am I going to fix the predicament that I am in now. There I sat trying to realize that I am like a car with no brake, there is no stopping from here and only moving forward. It's hard to keep your windshield clean to keep your mind focused on the main goal. The tough times can’t go any faster and the good times can't wait for me to realize I'm in the good old days. I need to learn to live in the moment and be happy with any situation, even when you feel your head under the water of pain and suffering. You need to keep your gas tank full to keep moving forward and work through the issues as they come, since you can't control the future, but how you react to it.


The author's comments:

This piece was written in a time of stress toward the end of school. It show how I handed hard situation verses how I should have handled them.