I Can't Live Without Music | Teen Ink

I Can't Live Without Music

By Samuel06 BRONZE, New City, New York
Samuel06 BRONZE, New City, New York

Music, From my dreaded alarm clock in the morning to the birds chirping in sync on a Monday morning at 6:56 AM. I can’t live without it. It’s Something that is always being played and I never notice it. A really peaceful time in the morning for me. But playing music in my car at 7:00 am is such a “vibe”. I listened to music while walking to math class at 10:43 am and going home at 2:10 pm while blasting music because I finally made it through the school day. Music, more so a lifestyle I live by. 

I built a reputation for always having my airpods in my ear. But what would it be like without them? Well for one, everything would feel desolate. Notice how I said I ”feel” and not “hear” or “see”, because music is really a feeling rather than sound and sight. Yes, they are those things too, but it’s how you feel about a song. When I listen to “90210" by Travis Scott, I feel it when he says “My granny called, ‘Travvy, you work too hard I’m worried you forget about me'”. My first thought is him “blowing up” and his family realizes it. And it gets so stressful under all that pressure and hard work that you forget the things you care about. And then he says “‘I’m falling in and out of clouds, don’t worry, I’ma get it, Granny’”, he’s going to keep working hard to make it, regardless of ups and downs in life. Like me Travis feels the release from stress. I listen to music. It helps me relax, I often feel stressed throughout the school day, and that 1-3 minutes in between classes can make a big difference in my school day. Music provides a sense of tranquility and composure.

Sight, to them tapping on the desk, their pen too, tapping their feet, someone bobbing their head, I see music everywhere. Even seeing a color, like red, reminds me of an album cover. Rhythm is part of sight. The rhythm of someone tapping their pen reminds me of a type of beat.

Hearing. Everything is music. Anything can be interpreted into music really. So in a way, everything would be quiet. Not a single sound in the world. The world would be so lifeless. I would go insane, you would go insane. Just living the world, where you experience everything that has perished. The way I think of hearing is like you staring into the sky, but it’s colorless.

Music, From my appealing alarm clock in the morning to the birds chirping in sync on a Monday morning at 6:56 Am. I need it. It’s something that I am noticing now. Music, more so a lifestyle I live by. But, it’s really a lifestyle we all live by. It soothes our day and it doesn’t make it black or gray. It makes it so you're laying on a stack of hay.

I am Peyton Samuel, I am 17 years old and I am a senior. I like to write and I love to listen to music. I am also into sports, them being football, baseball and basketball. My favorite thing now I would say is listening to music.